eHax - a 3v3 Haxball league

League Table

Recent Results

Upcoming Fixtures

SSN5 DRAFT PICK RULES

B4D 4SS

SSN5 DRAFT PICK RULES

Post by B4D 4SS on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:32 pm

yoo so i understand u cnt keep players from a previous ssn, but the new teams still get the 1st picks in the draft.

this doesnt make sense since, the only reason new teams get the 1st pick, is cus they start with 1 less player than the old teams who kept a player, but this doesnt happen in this league so its kinda unfair for the old teams AQ.

Unlockedd

Re: SSN5 DRAFT PICK RULES

Post by Unlockedd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:37 pm

I've told Nocke and Jerix that the draft is a little weird and unfair. I agree with B4D, it's unfair. I also said that when i had an advantage in the draft in ssn 4. We should look further into this imo

LRC

Post by LRC on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:40 pm

i agree lol

jerix

Post by jerix on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 pm

ITS DRAFT LEAGUE, NOT KEEP EVERY PLAYER YOU WANT LEAGUE!

Unlockedd

Post by Unlockedd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Jerix it's just. New teams get advantage, first pick. But NORMALLY they get first pick BECAUSE the old taems can keep a player.

Nocke

Post by Nocke on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:01 pm

it's not unfair tbh, the captains are new to the league and as this league has been quite small and relatively private so far, it's not full of players whose skill you know just by looking at their names. people who've captained in previous seasons don't get 1st picks because they've already seen most players.

I feel like it welcomes the new captains and encourages them to play even more in the league and not drop out after the first few games - treat them like the guests you get when they visit your house.

I don't know why you two are upset about this thing, except maybe for the fact that the top three have an advantage. Canucks got 3rd pick, and they won the league. Sure, Netflix got 2nd place in the league with the 2nd draft pick, but WANTED also came 3rd - last draft pick. The only reason why Netflix got 2nd is because Roj somehow traded a player which hasn't even played this season, Mete, and got B4D instead. Unusual trade. If not for B4D, then I doubt Netflix would've gotten 2nd place. Believe me when I say that you can win the league regardless of your position in the draft picks, because there's 6 rounds of player picking, not just one. If it was just one, then it would've been unfair, sure.

The reason why captains don't get to retain one player after the end of the season is because we are trying to lean more towards a draft league, and being able to pick the same player EVERY season - doesn't quite sound like a draft league. But then you would say something along the lines of "oh, but if I get 1st pick or 6th pick I can pick him in the draft first can't I? ". No, you can't. To counter this, captains aren't allowed to draft a player which has played for them last season as their 1st pick.

If you come up with a nice argument as to why we shouldn't allow the new captains to have the first picks, then I might change my mind.

Unlockedd

Post by Unlockedd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:09 pm

what does netflix coming 2nd because of an unusual trade have to do with this? that makes no sense in this conversation lol

Unlockedd

Post by Unlockedd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:11 pm

and, u build chemistry with ur team. If u cant keep 1 player, the chemistry is all for nothing? if u can keep 1 player, u can play better with them. U know their playstyle.
    Doctor

Post by Doctor on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:07 pm

So basically the league we started ''eHax'' started and its running without these ''keep player and idk what more'' so we ARE NOT changing the rules of eHax. Have a nice day

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:11 am